Prof. Chiang, Tzen-Yuh
Our researches focus on the following topics.
- Phylogeography of species, e.g., Kandelia, Cycas, Amentotacus, and Pinus, in East Asia by looking at genetic variation and gene genealogies.
- Molecular evelution of functional genes in wild populations, such as Adh genes in Miscanthus, CHS genes of Arabidopsis, and small heat shock protein genes in Arabidopsis.
- Domestication of rice and Chinese tea.
- Ecological genomics of Miscanthus, a biofuel plant.
- Speciation and population genomics in wild Arabidopsis.
- Phylogenomics of Onagraceae (collaborating with Dr. Peter H. Raven)
|Ph.D. Degree||Biology, Washington University, St. Louis, USA|
|Master Degree||Botany, Taiwan University, Taipei|
|Bachelor’s Degree||Biology, Taiwan Normal University, Taipei|
|2012-||Director||Research Center of Ecological Agriculture and Bio-Resources|
|2009.8-2012.7||Chairman||Department of Life Sciences, Cheng Kung University|
|2009-2011||President||Chinese Society of Botany|
|2006-2009||Director||Biodiversity Section of the National Sciecne Council, Taiwan|
|2001-||Professor||Department of Biology, Cheng-Kung University|
|1997 – 2001||Associate Professor||Department of Biology, Cheng-Kung University|
|1996 – 1997||Lecture of Biology||Cheng-Kung University|
|1994 – 1996||Post-doctoral Research Fellow||Academia Sinica|